Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fire Fighting Jungle Animals

Tristan and I are expecting our first nephew! He is due mid September and we're so so so excited to meet him.  His parents, Devin & Logan, asked me to design decals for his nursery  I've never created decals or decorated an entire nursery before, so this was exciting and new for me.  I learned a lot about my process along the way, especially how I can prepare files for the future, name photoshop layers, and what sizes to work in.  For example, here's a little tip for my illustrator pals: If you're creating coordinating artwork, don't set some files to be RGB and some to be CMYK. You'll regret that later!!! ;-) 

The theme they were looking for was fire fighting jungle animals.  I ended up making 4 coordinating scenes, 3 badges, and little trucks to be used as a border.  I also love to slip in personal details.  You'll see below the truck number is 527, and that is because the parents-to-be were married on 5.27!  The files went off to the printer yesterday, so when the room is all set up I will share photos. But until then, here is one of my favs! (click to enlarge) 


No comments: