Friday, May 31, 2013

Today I am 30!


30 things I've learned in my 30 years, in no particular order:

1.  "No two Gap stores are ever the same" - Linsey Miller. It's so true. If you don't believe my momma's wise words, go check for yourself.


2.  Use spellcheck. It was invented for a reason.


3.  I am a mediocre cook. My husband is a really good one. Therefore, it is best to let him do the cooking. ;-)


4.  Breaking in new shoes is the hardest part of being a woman.


5.  Gummies from Europe taste better.


6.  "Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy." - Nora Ephron 


7.  Always pack an extra pair of underwear in your carry-on in case your luggage gets lost.


8.  If you don't like rides, do not go on them. You won't start liking them mid-ride. 


9.  Good friends are hard to find but I got the best of the best. So sorry, you can't have them. Back off. They're mine.


10.  
Elf is the best holiday movie ever made.  

11.  
Moisturize daily.

12.  You can't do everything. Trust me, I've tried. 


13.  Having Starbucks Gold Status can make one feel like an accomplished person in life.


14.  Allergies are the devil.


15.  Uggs are UGGly, but they really are the most comfortable shoes ever.


16.  If you find someone you can laugh about anything with and that you can't imagine spending a day without, you should marry them.

17.  
The word "sporadic" will always remind me of the movie Clueless.

18.  The Nordstrom Semi-Annual sale is the best time and place to purchase shoes.

19.  The value of an amazing mentor is too larger to even be measured. 

20.  Pop music is the best kind of music.

21.  Even after 1.75 years of not having a sip of soda, you can still crave it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

22.  If you drop a camera in the Dead Sea it really will float.

23.  Essie is the best brand of nail polish.

24.  Life gets better after age 13, THANK GAWD.

25.  Seeing movies in the theater is just more fun.

26.  Treat people how you want to be treated.  

27.  Every important life lesson can be found in a children's book.  

28.  Always send back the RSVP to a wedding invite. If you don't, the bride and groom are secretly pissed off.

29.  I'm not always right.  Most of the time I am, but sometimes I am not.

30.  Bananas are the most filling fruit.  Jennifer Hudson eats 2 daily. 

3 comments:

RMiller said...

Great life lessons!! Happy birthday!!!

Lehua Cortez said...

Happy Birthday Ms. Margot! Hope you have the best year yet! <3 the Cortez's

Penny said...

Happy birthday!!!
I hope you had a lovely birthday weekend!!!