Friday, January 18, 2013

Take a Seat


My mom went to the wedding of the lovely Nicole-The-Poet a few years ago, and saved her seat placer she loved it so much!  Nicole had used sand dollars and I loved the idea since Tristan & I were married on the beach.  Also, very early in our relationship Tristan took a family trip to North Carolina and came back with a sand dollar for me. I loved including wedding details that were little nods to our lives.  At the Christmas Tree Shop (heaven in a store) I was able to find T-O-N-S of sand dollars and starfish and so decided to mix them with tags and charms.  Everything was attached with a natural color twine, and you can see the result below: 




I've always been a big fan of beads and charms and had the time of my life scrolling through Etsy to find the perfect ones for this.  Montage Supply was an amazing Etsy shop I worked with to get charms for these seat placers and the bouquets I made myself and my bridesmaids.  This shop is particularly good for specialty wedding themed charms.  The seller was even able to find me charms that said "flower girl" for the flower baskets!  Tristan's Groom heart charm is pictured on the seat placer above.  My bride charm was on my bouquet.  Other shops I ordered charms from were Bohemian Findings and Charm Emporium

Overall I am really happy with how these turned out.  They were quick and easy! My big regret is not setting Tristan's and mine aside at the wedding so we could keep them.  Oh well! At least we have the picture! All photos in the post are by Off Beat Productions

No comments: