Friday, June 22, 2012

Sharing is Caring



My friend Meg emailed me a few weeks ago, asking if I wanted to give any art to a silent auction to benefit cancer research.  I was really excited she thought of me, and also thrilled that I had a piece that fit the theme of the event- Pink & Teal.  SHARE is an organization made of of breast and ovarian cancer survivors that offers support for people going through cancer, as well as their friends and families. The event last night was their annual Pink and Teal fundraiser.  I stopped by for a bit to check it out.  The event space was filled with supporters of the cause, dining on h'orderves with a side of pink and teal cupcakes, while bidding on art.  It was really nice to see my piece up there. I don't know how much it went for yet in the auction,  but I'm grateful to be able to participate in anyway possible!
Here are a few instagrams from the fundraiser:


To learn more about SHARE visit http://www.sharecancersupport.org/
*I had originally made this piece a few years ago during a collage class I took at The School Of Visual Arts.  The assignment had been to make a collage of something in nature, using painted papers.

No comments: