Thursday, October 6, 2011

On Steve Jobs...

"We don't get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life."- Steve Jobs

Whenever I was asked what I want to be when I grew up, my answer was "work for Disney or Pixar." I don't work for either company directly, but I do design accessories for them now. Every now and then I travel to LA for work and find myself in those offices. I can't help but get overwhelmed with the idea of actually achieving a dream. A pretty big one. There's really one man behind the technological force that allowed that dream to become a reality, and that man was Steve Jobs.
Yesterday the Einstein of our lifetime died, and more than just innovate he inspired!

This is Power Pete, a game played by my sister and I NONSTOP for years. i repeat NONSTOP. It came packaged with the Mac OS 7 the computer that I used to sit and have a dail-up modem connect me to the internet daily, just to hear the words "You've Got Mail."

This was the laptop that my highschool tested out for a trial of incorporating computers into curriculums of new york city board of ed schools in partnership with Apple. It's the first computer I ever played around with Photoshop on. I used to turn photos into Andy Warhol inspired images and thought i was pretty awesome and talented. LOL.

Later in college, with my macbook pro I experimented in photoshop by making a digital portrait of Oprah. That portrait put me in a gallery, which landed me my first job. I now work 150% of the time on mac products. Steve Jobs, you're a genius who will be missed!

This post was typed on a Mac OS X, Version 10.6.4

1 comment: