Wednesday, May 18, 2011

an engagement story :-)

They say you fall in love when you least expect it...in my case, it involved declaring my singleness and dating rules and regulations on the Wendy Williams Show in January, 2010.
Fast forward to last night...May 17, 2011- a TUESDAY (the day of the week I considered jinxed) where Tristan changed that superstition forever...
and....
asked me to be his wife :-)
I woke up to 99 photos spread all over the apartment, each with a reason he loves me written on it. some sentimental, some silly- ALL AMAZING.
He then picked me up after work...in a taxi....
but, not just any taxi.
MY GRANDFATHER'S TAXI. Charlie Wexler was my favorite person in the universe, and he drove taxi 1G28 for his career. Somehow, Tristan got a hold of the cab with that medallion number, and asked me to take a ride in my grandfather's cab....
and inside of it, he asked me to marry him!!!!!!
We then went out to dinner, where my family and Tristan's family (who had never met) were!!
The night was perfect. Tristan is perfect. I couldn't be happier or feel any luckier and here are a few photos from the evening....



and no...we don't know when the wedding is yet ;-)

OH! and this morning I woke up to the photo with reason #100 on it...reason being, I said yes!

21 comments:

Jamie said...

Such a great story and exciting news!!!! Way to go, Tristan!!! Awesome job!!!! So romantic and sweet! I love, love, love it!!!! Congrats, Margot and Tristan!!!!

Summer Athena said...

best engagement story in the world!

katie said...

Awwww! I wish steven had asked me in some cute way! Tristan seems like the sweetest! I can't wait till we can meet and hang out! (and see your ring in person!)

<3katie

{eleise} said...

I love it!!! Great story!! =)

Adam said...

so exciting!!! tristan rocks!

Carrie Rosalind said...

Awwww...that is so so so so SO sweet! Congratulations!!!! And the ring is perfect!

Ruthie said...

and he tops it off with reason #100. love it. love it. i'm bursting with joy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!! Congrates again!! Nice rock!!!!!!!
::twana::

A to the R said...

you guys made me cry again today. this is the sweetest thing i have ever read and you both deserve all the happiness coming your way! xoxo

Barbara L said...

What a beautiful story! So very romantic..Loads of good luck - you deserve it!

Elana said...

Fabulous story, and it's all so exciting! Wishing you both every happiness. Love and more love!

Laura said...

I'm so happy for you guys!!! I was going to bbm you but I don't have your pin :(
You guys are adorable!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

jeremy said...

yayy! huge congrats to you. you ring is beautiful and your nails were also gorgeous. haha.

stevenhaddox.com said...

So insanely happy for both of you! The -99- 100 reasons is so romantic. I'm mad at myself for not thinking of it :)

I'm pretty sure Katie didn't expect me to see these comments. I'm also pretty sure I'll _never_ live down the traditional manner in which I proposed to her. c'est la vie.

Congratulations again and I can't wait to meet you both! I wish you both the best in the many years ahead!!!!

amy lapi said...

amazing story!! this has gotta be the greatest proposal i've ever heard. I'm so happy for you margot :)

Shane Keaney said...

i LOVE how much Tristan loves you and how much thoughts and effort he put into this!!! a great story to tell your grandkids and great-grandkids =) you are an AMAZING human being and you deserve someone who love you like this! xoxoxo

tiffany said...

what an amazing engagement story, love the details he did, sounds like you have a special guy! first time seeing your site..happiest engagement to you!!

lmosberg81 said...

Congratulations!..Very sweet proposal! When we spent mothers day at Tristan's parents I could just feel where you two were going! Happy times ahead!

lmosberg81 said...

Congratulations! Such a sweet proposal! After spending mothers day at Tristan's parents I could just feel where you two were headed! Happy Times ahead!
Love to you both! Lisa (Logan's mom)

flying scissors said...

Oh Margot, such awesome news. What a romantic proposal by Tristan. Adoreable!!!

I wish you two all the best, fun and romance from the bottom of my heart.

You are so sweet together!!!

Cherry Runway said...

Aww this is sooooo great!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Congratz!!