Tuesday, November 23, 2010

so, thanks.


this has been an extremely big year for me in a lot of ways, and just to put it out in the blog-o-sphere i'm really grateful & thankful for it all. it's like my blog took mushy pills this week!!! LOL.

i'm not going to list out everything & everyone because i could go on for a decade, but if you follow my blog and read back, especially the last few posts you'll know of a few of the recent things that make the top of the list (some love posts, moving posts, art posts, mentor posts, etc.)

i WILL make note here that i am blown away by the constant support some of you give me, especially via twitter. There is something really amazing about living states, sometimes continents away from people who you've never met, or met a few times and having them be the first to give you positive feedback and share in congrats.
I'm thankful to have you in my life.

Friendships change, evolve, etc & over the past few months, as tristan (who i'm obvs thankful for) has grown to be an extremely important part of my life I have had a lot of balancing acts to do. I haven't always been great at it and so I'm thankful for those of you who have put up with my being around less, being less in touch, etc. and have still managed to be really supportive of me as i try to manage these transitions!
(you know who you are, and i am really really thankful for you)

I am very thankful for the health of my friends and family- my dad in particular. Sometime in late January I posted he was cancer free for a year, and a few days later we had another bump in the road. I'm thankful he is healthy! (and for health in general)
I have a few friends with parents who are fighting cancer now, and a few who have lost parents this year. I have a few friends healing broken hearts, recovering from operations (big and small) and some cuddling new born babies. Sending an e-hug and well, more accurately an e-shot of vodka and hoping all is calm and peaceful this holiday season to you and yours.

i remain ever thankful for caffeine. and for twitter. and for the fact my sister (hi rachel, this is the first you are hearing of this) will be helping me unpack my clothing tomorrow in a new closet. :-)

oh! and thankful for my mom...because i could never write a thankful post and not mention her. :-)
and so gobble gobble...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p2Fk3kN6jw

***one more thing...
my vision. i have a super-hero eye doctor who, despite his own battle with cancer, has preformed miracles on my eyes this year. i am thankful to him. like a latte. a grande latte.

4 comments:

Linsey said...

Hey thanks for the shout outs.. We are always thankful for y-o-u!!

RMiller said...

thanks for thanking me for helping you unpack :-) lol can't wait! see you tomorrow gobble gobble

Geek+Nerd said...

Hurray for so many things to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving!

echo said...

is my not being on twitter making me a less good friend? lol xoxoxo