Wednesday, March 17, 2010

365/365

i am donnnnneeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can see the entire set HERE!
On March 13th, 2009 (the day BEFORE i started this project) if someone were to ask me what I like least about myself, hands down I would have said MY NOSE. I have hated my nose since childhood. I've thought about fixing it (and still often think about fixing it) but truth be told, I'm a wimp. 366 days later I answer that question very very differently. I hate how huge my forehead is!!!!
I never thought a 365 project would be easy. I also never thought it would be quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done. On day one I remember packing up my camera equipment and declaring to my roommates that throughout this project I was going to make something (an accessory, and article of clothing, whatever) and wear it in each shot. That lasted all of, 1 day. The day after week after month after season of setting up a tripod and posing for the camera is a full-time job all in itself. Now that I am finished I can proudly say, a really rewarding full-time job.
About 50 days in something really interesting happened to me. I stopped caring what I looked like, and just focused on making an interesting picture. There are days when my makeup was fabulous, yet the photo of my shoes was a better picture so I posted that one. And there were plenty of days when a photo of my hands or shoes should have been posted because my make up was NOT fabulous, but like I said, it became about the photograph- not about the subject. And there were also plenty of days where I could not bare to face the camera, and so I didn't. In the beginning I gave myself a hard time about using my shadow, my feet, etc. instead of my face but again, around 50 days in I no longer worried about that. This project was only about photo-documenting myself through a year and any part of myself was acceptable.

there are a few people who this project could not have happened without- as they often were on the other side of the lens listening to my demands (and yes i can be very demanding) as they snapped the photo. whether they took 1 or 100 of these, they are, in no particular:
melissa
nick
dad
mom
rachel
faisal
echo
gwen
nikki
jenna
ghada
matt
tristan
caitlin
taylor
liz
and my ever so lovely tripod.
all i can say is a big giant THANK YOU. seriously, thank you!
also, on my birthday i got the amazing gift of a remote for each of my cameras- which pretty much made completing this project possible!!!
and i am very much looking forward to taking some pictures this spring...of anything other than myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

RachelDenbow said...

Yay! Quite an accomplishment and I'm off to look at your set!

Nick said...

MAZEL TOV!!!!

vivianna said...

yay! are you going to do it again?

Cat said...

yay!!! congrats on completing it! Are you going to do it again? I'm tagging your 365 to go through all of them one day soon. You are so awesome I'm sure looking at your pics will inspire me!

xoxo,
Cat

Lindsay said...

yay!!! congragulations!!! I bet yu are thrilled to have finished it!!! :)
Hope you have an awesome day!!!
xoxo,
Lindsay

Lindsay said...

I gave you a blog award on my blog :D
http://bearypixie.blogspot.com/2010/03/winner-panda-awards-oh-my.html
xoxo,
Lindsay

Carrie Rosalind said...

Yay! It's been so fun following every picture of the last year. You've inspired me to do my own 365 but I don't know if I can make it! Congratulations on your huge accomplishment!

erinsunday said...

This is awesome! That is amazing. I am scared to start. haha

Melissa said...

Congrats!

I am listed first in the thank you's! Woohoo! No particular order - I don't buy it!!

echo said...

YAY!!!! can't believe it's been a year... and what a year!!! those lunch break projects had been fun and sorry for my absence (i've been trying to be supportive tho) And just so you know, they said people with big forehead are usually wiser, and there are plenty of beautiful girls with HUGE forehead (like Barbie, Mena Suvari and Heather Graham)!!!

birdoverhead said...

BTW, I love your nose! It's what makes you Margot!
I'm glad I could help with this year of self discovery... little did I do?!