Monday, December 3, 2007

baby it's cold outside...

So- I have an idea! During the summers of college I interned at a law firm and we had weekly meetings which bored me terribly. HORRENDOUSLY. I used to add shots of espresso to my icedgrandesoylatte and still had a chronic fear of falling asleep in a lecturing attorney’s face. So, to avoid this issue I developed a game in my brain. The conference room in which the meetings were held was absolutely gorgeous with massive windows and I would fixate my eyes on the window behind the lecturer and play TRADING WINDOWS. I would develop patterns and items and scenes to be in the window. As many as I could. As complicated and ornate as I could imagine. Anyway, on that note, I started illustrating a fireplace today and stopped before I got to the decorations….I’m going to continuously decorate this fireplace. Loads and loads of times, all different ways, not just holiday themed and see where it goes! And here’s the part where you come in-
Well, obviously I want you to comment BUT I also want you to decorate! So…a few ways this could work- if you are photoshop or any computer illustration program savvy, I could email you a high res version and you could work on it and email it back to me! OR you could print it out and do whatever you’d like to it and either snail mail it to me (I’ll email you my address) or scan it and mail it to me or take a pic and I’ll post it. Ok? Please do it! I think it’ll be cool!!!! Do whatever you like!!!!!

so above is the blank one...

and here's my first decorated one! many more to come!

2 comments:

paula clare said...

Hi there! I emailed you with my submission to your fireplace challenge...hope folks take the time to "dream a little dream" during the rush, hustle and bustle of the holidays! Blessings!

K&V said...

LOL
=)